Want to be a Business woman, Doctor, Lawyer, Accountant, Actor, Singer or Engineer? Want to make your community better? You need to start planning now.
For any building to stand strong there must be a solid foundation. To be successful in life, we need to prepare well.
Here are a few tips to help you;
- Write down what you want to be in the future. Or you can write down the things you love to do. Think of what jobs are related to the activities you love. For example, if you love to write then you can write down - writer, journalist, researcher, teacher etc. If you cannot think of a job related to any of the activities you love, ask an older friend or trusted adult for ideas.
- Then think of which of the listed jobs you would most like to do on a daily basis. Talk to people with these jobs.
- Find out about the costs related to your goal. For instance for some jobs you need special qualifications. You need to know how much applying for that will cost and how long it takes.
- Keep looking out for people who already have the job you want. Speak to people in your community, read books and articles about people with that job. If possible, go to events that can give you more information about what people who have this job do every day and why they do it.
- Learn to plan and break your goal into small tasks. For example, if you want to get an A in your final Literature exam because you want to study journalism, then have a monthly plan for how you will study and read books to achieve that goal. If you want to become a leader in your community, do something every month that teaches about leadership.
- Don’t stop learning. The Internet has made it easy to get information. Look for websites like ehow.com and videos on Youtube that give free classes on almost anything.
We want to know what you are doing to get ready for your future.
Tell us in the comments.