Being without a source of income can be tough, especially if people depend on you.
Right now you might be out of school and looking for something to do. And all you can think about is how to make money.
Yes, you have not started making money, but there are other things you can do in the meantime.
Things that will keep you busy now and help you in the future.
Things like the 5 listed below
- Volunteer in an organization in your community. Commit a few hours/days a week so you still have time to look for work. Volunteering can lead to opportunities and you can get work experience. Plus there’s a sense of pride that comes from helping others.
- Work out! Exercise is a good way to lift your mood. Join or start an exercise class or sports team with other girls in your area. It’s a good way to meet people (one of them may know of an opportunity for you)
- Grow it, cook it. Do you have space around you? Start a small vegetable garden. Not only will this keep you busy but you can also make money from selling your produce. Say hello business!
- Take a class. Look out for free or cheap part-time classes. Learning a new skill helps you grow and can also be a good way to make money.
- Get advice. Speak to someone in the line of work or business you’re interested in. Find out if you can visit them at work for a day and watch what they do. It’s a great way to learn if a job you want is actually right for you.
Take your mind off the job search for a minute. Enjoy yourself while trying other things.
But be careful as you meet new people. Especially when they promise you quick or dangerous ways to make money
What other productive things do you think you can do to keep yourself busy? Share it with us in the comments section.