If you have a notebook you use all the time, you may want to make it look unique.
There are so many materials you can use to do this. One of these materials is Ankara.
We all love our Ankara clothes so why not make other things with this material. You can use an old scarf or ask a local tailor for material that he or she is not using.
You can even use any other nice looking (and available) material.
And what if you have enough notebooks and material to make more than 1. Your friends and family will love to buy these stylish books from you. Fun business idea!
Here are the things you need;
- A piece of Ankara or another nice material
- Gum or glue
- A notebook or jotter.
How to make it
- Open the cover of the book and place it on the material.
- Use the scissors to cut a small strip of the material so it folds over the middle of the book like in the picture below.
- Apply gum all over the material where it will attach to the front and back of your book. Apply gum to the outer cover of the book too (front and back).
Press down the Ankara so it sticks to the outside of the book on both sides.
- Apply gum to the inside of the book cover. Don’t apply the gum everywhere. Just add it to the edges of the cover so that the Ankara can stick when you fold it.
- Fold the material like you see below so it sticks to the book where you added gum.
- Do all this for the front and back covers of the book.
- Remember those strips that you cut before? Now tuck them into the middle of the book. You can gum it down or just stuff it into the spirals (wire circles) of the book.
- Next cut two squares of paper with straight edges. Add gum to one side of each and stick to the inside front and back cover. This will cover the edges of your Ankara for a more finished look.
- Let the gum/glue dry on the book for a few hours. And then it is ready for you to use.
You can make money for yourself with this. Friends and people around can give you their old ankara and notepad to make this fancy jotter for them. You can charge them a little amount for making it.
What do you think about this project? Is there anything else you would like us to make? Tell us in the comments.