We all have goals we want to fulfill.
For some of us our goal is a short term goal. Eg save for a dress or phone
For some others it is a long term goal. Eg learn a skill, become an engineer, artist, or writer.
Whatever the goal, it can be reached. All we need to do is believe in it and work towards it.
Do you have a goal you want to achieve? Here are some tips on how to achieve it...
- Set a specific goal. Think of something you want to achieve. Set the goal Eg. read 50 books in a year, paint a picture in 2 months, save for a shoe in 8 months, etc. Write it down. Post it somewhere you can see it.
- Set the steps you will need to take to achieve your goal Eg. if your goals is to read a book a week you will need to join a library or if you want to save a N200 every week you may need to start a small business to make extra money.
- Find or read all you can about successful people in the field you’re interested in. Ask them how they achieved their goal. Learn from their experience.
- Find a training program or girls’ club that can help you learn about your goal. Eg. You can join a savings/ajo/esusu community to learn how to save. These skills go a long way in life. You can also make new friends and meet someone your age who has the same goals as you. This can motivate you.
- Keep a record of your progress. Post the steps you will take where you can see them and then cross them off when you achieve them. This will help you keep track of how far you have come.
- Believe in your goals and stay committed. Accept that there may be hard times. But know that you can achieve great things in life!
Are you already working towards your goals? What do you think will stop you from fulfilling them? Talk to us about it in the comments section.