Calling. Chatting. Texting. Three fun things you do with phones every day. But you’ll be amazed at how much more you can do. Most exciting, you don’t need a smartphone to do some things. Even with a basic phone, you’re good to go. Ready? Jump right in:
- Set Personal Goals: Phone calendars are pretty cool. They can lead you to achieve anything you want. Let’s say you’re saving up for a top, and you want to buy it on a particular day. You could jot it down on your calendar, then mark that day to stay focused. In time, you’ll be ticking off more goals than you ever imagined.
- Track Your Period: There are free period-tracking apps that can help. To get started, go to an app store like Google Play or Opera app store. Search for period trackers and then download the app. It'll calculate your cycle and show when your next period will start. And if you’re sharing a phone with someone, you can create a password for privacy. Don’t have a smartphone? You can still track your period with the phone calendar. Mark down the first day of your period. Then note the first day of your next 2 periods. Count the number of days from the start of one period to the next one. If you count 28 days then this means your next period will probably start 28 days after the first day of your last period. Set a reminder on your calendar so you don’t forget.
- Block Calls and Texts: You know that boy who won’t stop calling and texting even after you asked nicely? Block him by going to your phone settings and following the simple steps outlined. Your peace of mind should always come first.
- Keep Fit: Many smartphones have fitness apps to help you stay in shape. But a basic phone can help too. If you want to drink more water every day, you can start a phone diary to check your progress. You can also write down what you eat. Keeping track of good and bad foods will help you to see where you need to change your habits so you can eat healthier. Healthy body, happier you.
- Play Games: When next you’re bored, pick up a phone and play. From adventures to puzzle-solving, they’re a great way to relax and learn a thing or two.
As you learn about these cool things, remember to be a Springster and ‘Share the Love’. Tell your friends about these tips by chatting, sharing on social media and sending screenshots.
Want to read more inspiring stories like this one? Then head to our Springster Facebook page and connect with a community of girls just like you! - https://www.facebook.com/heyspringster