Sometimes the world gets a little too much for us girls. Our bodies are changing and we’re trying to figure out who we are. In times like this, we might doubt ourselves and lose our confidence.
But let’s look on the bright side. We don’t always need someone else to remind us how amazing we are. We can do it all by ourselves.
Keep reading for tips to help you become more confident:
- Say it Out Loud: Whenever you’re feeling down, stand in front of a mirror and say, “I’m worth it,” “I’m good enough” or “I can be anything I want to be.” Choose the one that best suits your situation. Say the words again and again. The more you do, the faster they’ll sink in and become true.
- Learn New Stuff: Knowledge is power. Read many books & online articles and ask questions about things you don’t understand. Take up a skill like painting or drumming. You’ll be surprised by how good it’ll make you feel.
- Don’t Be Hard on Yourself: It’s normal for us to make mistakes. We’re human. Whenever you do anything you’re not proud of, ask yourself what you’d tell a trusted friend in that situation. Then tell yourself the same thing and cheer up.
- Don’t Compare Yourself To Others: We’re all special in our own way. The next time you want to compare yourself to anyone, stop and remember that you’re unique. Better yet, write a list of ten things you love about yourself and read it often.
- Set Personal Goals: We all have ‘something’ we’ve always wanted to do. For instance, if you’ve always dreamed of saving a certain amount of money, you could start spending less pocket money on treats like gala, biscuits and drinks. Instead save that money for something you need like a textbook. Achieving a goal is a great way to boost your ego.
Want to read more inspiring stories like this one? Then head to our Springster Facebook page and connect with a community of girls just like you! - https://www.facebook.com/heyspringster